Louis R. Chenevert was born in 1958 in Montreal Canada. He went to the business school of HEC Montreal. It is an affiliate of the Montreal University. Louis obtained a bachelor’s degree in production management. He used the knowledge he got from school and self-motivation to ride high in the world of business.
Every company he worked for really thrived under him. His hard work elevated him to higher ranks within the organizations. He never disappointed his employers.
One leading company which rose from grass to grace under Louis Chenevert is the United Technologies Corporation (UTC). Before that, Louis had joined an aircraft manufacturing company called Pratt and Whitney. He worked there for only six years when he rose to become its President. The business flourished and grew ten-fold under his watch.
In 2006, Louis became the Chairman and Chief Executive officer of UTC. As was expected, he never relented. What would someone expect from the man who knew nothing but innovation? He started growing the company steadily. All UTC required was someone with extraordinary management skills, and that is what Mr. Chenevert offered. They produced sophisticated aerospace materials such as military jets, air conditioners, sensors, flight controls and other space-tools.
Under Chenevert, UTC became the most profitable company in the U.S, with a profit increase of over 200%. Louis realized earlier that the future would rely on technology. He, therefore, invested considerably in technology while at UTC to secure that future. He also ensured that the products were environmentally friendly. The company realized this in 1997. The greenhouse gas release reduced by 26%, and water consumption reduced by 53%.
Louis Chenevert stepped down as the CEO and Chairman of UTC in the year 2014. He continues with advisory roles in different companies and businesses.
Other places of Work:
Apart from working at the UTC, he also worked at Pratt and Whitney Canada where he became the president.
- He had worked for 14 years at the General Motors where he thrived too.
- Between 2011 and 2012, Chenevert became the Vice Chairman of the Executive committee of the business council.
- Louis became an advisor at Goldman Sachs’ Merchant Banking Division in September 2015
- Louis Chenevert got the Honor Award from the National Building Museum in 2009.
- HEC Montreal awarded him an honorary doctorate in May, 2011.
- In the year 2011, Chenevert became the person of the year. The Aviation Week and Space technology magazine nominated him.